Friday, August 28, 2015

Book Review: The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy #1)

Today's review is on The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Before I get started, yes this was my first time reading it, and no I have not been living under a rock.

At first I struggled to get into the novel, mainly because I kind of felt indifferent when I started reading it. But once I got into it, I really enjoyed it. There were some parts that were kind of disturbing to see how blood thirsty the audience could be. It reminded me of what I have read about the gladiator games in Ancient Rome. It was also distrubing to see how far some of the competitors were willing to go, and how everyone watching wanted more action and blood.

I loved the whole premise that Katniss takes her sister's place as a tribute in the Hunger Games, especially since she knows she can get further than her sister because she knows a lot about survival. Katniss seems to come across as kind of cold, but I felt like as the novel progresses, the reader finds out why she is like that.

I liked how it was told from Katniss's point of view.  I don't like novels told in the first person, but Suzanne Collins did a good job in making it work in the Hunger Games. I felt like it was well written and that Collins does a good job at developing the dystopian world that the novel takes place in, and I felt like she did a good job of developing the characters. She also does a good job at explaining several things that are unique to the Hunger Games world.

Will I read the rest of the series? : Yes, because I want to find out what happens to Katniss now that the Hunger Games is over.

Will I watch the movie? Yes, I have heard that they are good, and I want to see for myself what they are like.


Happy Reading,
Janelle

P.S. If you have any book recommendations, let me know and I will check them out. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment