Monday, August 3, 2015

To Be Read in August

Before I get started, I need to say that this was probably the hardest list to compile because there are so many books I want to read. However, I knew I needed to be a bit more realistic in the books I put on this list because I don't think I am going to read 20 books in a month, especially if they are all over 200 pages long!!!!  So I decided to narrow it down to five books I know I will definitely be reading this month, even though I know I will read a few others.

1. The Shepherdess by Jill Eileen Smith

This is actually a novella that comes out this month and it is Book 2 in the Loves of King Solomon series. I've already pre-ordered it, so now I have to wait for it to be released. Book 1, The Desert Princess was good, so I hope that this one is good as well.

2. The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen


I enjoy a lot of books that are set in the Regency and Victorian eras. I've read a couple books by the author and they are enjoyable reads.

3. The Texas Brides Collection by Various Authors


This is a collection of nine short stories written by various authors. I've seen these collections around, but I have yet to read them, this one will be my first. I expect them to be sweet but kind of predictable romances, but maybe I will be surprised.

4. Saving Wishes G.J. Walker-Smith


I picked this up for free in the Kindle Store because it recommended it to me because of another author I like, so I looked at it and read the summary and it sounded good, plus I rarely come across books that are written by Australians and are set in Australia.

5. Justified Means/ Argosy Junction by Chautona Havig



This one is undecided because both of these book sound interesting and Chautona Havig is one of my favorite authors and anything she writes is pretty good (at least from what I have read by her so far, and I have read a lot of her books). Plus both of these books have been sitting on my Kindle for over a year now, so I need to read at least one of them. Maybe Argosy Junction because it is a stand-alone, where as Justified Means is part of a series (The Agency Files). Maybe I will read them both.


No comments:

Post a Comment