Thursday, November 5, 2015

Book Review: The Secret of Pembrooke Park

Today's review is on The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen. 
I love Julie Klassen's work, I think it's because her novels are set during the Regency era, the era of Jane Austen. As a lover of Jane Austen, I love reading about that time period. Her books aren't based off of Jane Austen novels, although they usually do mention the characters reading the books. Her books are just really well-written and really seem to capture the time period of Regency era, and The Secret of Pembrooke Park did not disappoint.

I loved the story, and I kept trying to guess what the secret was and it was only near the revealing of secret that I started to guess what it was as the protagonist, Abigail, starts to discover fragments of the mystery. The author does a good job of keeping the secret under wraps throughout most of the novel.

There were some sections in the novel that seemed a bit slow in pace, but there was never a dull moment. And everything seemed to occur at the right time, especially the romance that happens in the novel, it isn't fast-paced like most novels, it is slow and gradual.

I really liked Abigail Foster, the protagonist, because she was easy to relate to, especially her having to deal with feeling insecure. I did not like her sister, she was annoying. Most of the other characters were likable.

This book kept me captivated. I finished it in 2 days and it is almost 500 pages long! I highly recommend it to anyone who likes reading Historical fiction, Christian fiction and/ or Jane Austen's works.

I look forward to reading more works by Julie Klassen in the future and I hope she continues to publish books of this caliber during her career.

 I am giving this book 5/5 Stars because it was entertaining and intriguing.

Happy Reading,
Janelle

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment