Thursday, November 19, 2015

Book Review: The Shepherdess (Loves of King Solomon #2)

Today's review is on The Shepherdess by Jill Eileen Smith 
This was a nice quick read, it took me about two and a half hours to read. It is a novella about Abishag who was one of King Solomon's wives. The author drew inspiration 1 Kings and the Song of Solomon (assuming that the Shunnamite woman is Abishag). One thing that I have always appreciated about Jill Eileen Smith is that she will always so that her books are a fictional account about real people, and that in order to know the actual story the reader should read the passages in the Bible concerning those people, even if it is just a small section.

It was interesting how she used the 1st person, in her other books she usually writes in the 3rd person. And she tells the story from Abishag's point of view. As I said before it is a fictional account of what could have happened, but it is just a nice read if you like Biblical fiction.

I look forward to reading the other novellas in this series when they are released, I am also looking forward to reading her new series, Daughters of the Promised Land.

I am giving this novella 3/5 Stars.

Happy Reading,
Janelle

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment