Monday, November 30, 2015

What I read in November

This month was a good reading month for me, I read almost the same amount this month that I did in September and October combined. I don't know how this happened, I do know that once Winter came out I spent almost every spare moment (when I wasn't doing homework) reading it. I am hoping that next month is also a good reading month, but it might be a bit tricky as the Fall semester wraps up.

1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ( Harry Potter Series #2) by J.K.Rowling 

I enjoyed the second installment in this series, although it was little bit darker than the first one. I love how the author describes things, in fact there was one chapter I got creeped out because she did a good job of describing the scene and minor characters. 3.75/5 Stars

2.  Macbeth by William Shakespeare
I really enjoyed this play, I was able to understand a lot of what was going on, and I wasn't confused by the events that took place. 5/5 Stars.

3.  The Gospel According to the Apostles by John MacArthur 
This was a really good book, it deals with the whole topic of Lordship salvation and how it is supported by Scripture. Dr. MacArthur does a good job of explaining how he came to the conclusions that he does and he is able to support them accurately with Scripture. 5/5 Stars.

4. Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
After having to read two tragedies back to back, it was nice to read something more light and comedic. This was a re-read for me but it had me in stitches, and it is a story that will never get old. 4/5 Stars.

5.  Moby Dick by Herman Melville 
There is a lot that can be said about this insanely weirdly beautiful novel. I will have a longer review on it probably in the beginning of 2016 sometime because a few sentences are not enough to describe this book. 4/5 Stars.

6.  Winter by Marissa Meyer
I read this book in a week, it was so good. It was a satisfying conclusion to the series, even though I am sad to leave the Lunar Chronicles world behind. I will have a longer review up soon. 4.5/5 Stars

7.  Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 
This is a great read. It is considered on of the first horror stories and it definitely has a lot of the elements of horror. It creeped me out in certain places, but that is what makes it so good. 4/5 Stars.

8.  The Tempest by William Shakespeare 

I read this in several chunks over the course of two weeks, so I kind of liked it, but at the end I was confused because it had been awhile since I picked it up last. 3/5 Stars.

9.  Love in the Details by Becky Wade 

This was cute, predictable love story. It could easily be read in one sitting. I will have a longer review up later this week. 3/5 Stars.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment