Friday, December 25, 2015

Book Review: The Christmas Shoppe

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Today's review is on The Christmas Shoppe by Melody Carlson.


I didn't know what to expect when I read this book, however, having read other books by Melody Carlson I knew that it would be at least an okay read. This book surprised me in a good way! I've found that most novellas can be pretty predictable from the first few pages, however that was not the case with this novella.

I loved getting to know the characters of Parrish Springs and getting to see what the Christmas Shoppe actually was. I love how even though there was some romance, it wasn't cheesy. The author also did a good job of not rushing to tie up the loose ends.

The Christmas Shoppe tells the story of a small town dealing with the arrival of a strange woman, Matilda Honeycutt, who has bought one of the most prized buildings in the downtown area. As several of the characters deal with all the trouble that her arrival causes they also discover that there is something almost magical about Matilda's Christmas Shoppe.

I really want to say more about the plot, but I can't without giving away spoilers. But I highly recommend this novella, it is a fairly quick read it takes about 1-2 hours. If you are looking for a nice, quick Christmas read, this book is for you!

I am giving this book 4/5 Stars because it was light-hearted, but yet it wasn't cheesy or predictable.

Happy Reading,

Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment