Thursday, December 3, 2015

Book Review: Love in the Details (A Year of Weddings 2 #12)

Today's review is on Love in the Details by Becky Wade
Every once in a while, I like to take a break from reading full-length novels and enjoy a good novella, or a collection of novellas. I started reading this after finishing Winter, after an intense read like that it was nice to read something that was light and fluffy.

This is the first Becky Wade novella that I have read and I liked it. I want to try one of her novels sometime in the near future. It wasn't the best story line, but it was a nice relaxing, read-in-an-afternoon kind of read, which I love, especially during the winter months.

The plot was predictable, it was obvious that the two main characters were going to end up together. I felt like the part where they got together was rushed because for most of the novella there was constant tension and then they make up and that's it...I just don't know if that is realistic. I know it is a novella and there wasn't  a whole lot of time to develop these things, but it felt too quick.

Also, I don't know if it is because I received an ARC or not, but there were a lot of words that needed to be capitalized. But other than that it was a sweet story. I may or may not read more of the novellas in this series...the problem is that there are so many books to read and so little time to actually read them.

I want to thank NetGalley and Zondervan for sending me a complimentary copy of this novella in exchange for an honest review.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If  you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment