Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 2015 TBR

If you saw my post on books I read in November, you probably saw that I had a good month, even though some of them were for school. I am hoping that December will be another good month, but I don't know. This is a more ambitious TBR list, mainly because I will be on Winter Break, but also several of the books on this list I have already started and I just need to finish them.

1. The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien 
I am half way through this book, but I haven't picked it up since June. I love Tolkien's writing and the descriptions are beautiful, but I also find myself needing to take breaks every so often.

2. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare 
I am currently reading this book, so this might be the first book I finish in December. I don't know how I feel about it, but a friend told me that the rest of the series is better.

3. Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay 
I started reading this during Thanksgiving break and I will try to finish it after City of Bones. I am excited to read another novel by Katherine Reay.

4. The Christmas Shoppe by Melody Carlson
One of the groups I belong to on GoodReads is going to read this book, and since it is a novella and it is the month of Christmas, I am going to try and read along with the group.

5. 31 Kisses by Chautona Havig 
What is December without a couple of Christmas books? I really hope I get a chance to read this because I am a fan of Chautona Havig's work and this has been sitting on my kindle for two year!

6. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell 
I am hoping to read this book in preparation for writing my senior thesis in Fall 2016. Elizabeth Gaskell is potentially one of the authors I want to take a closer look . This will also be my first Gaskell novel that I have read.

7. A Girl's Guide to Moving On by Debbie Macomber 
I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher for my honest review. I love Debbie Macomber's books because they can easily be read in one sitting.

8. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I just really want to read this book, the concept sounds interesting.

9. A Log Cabin Christmas Collection  by Various Authors
Another Christmas book that I am hoping to get to this month, although I don't know if I will be able to read

10. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
I am excited to continue this series, maybe I will actually read it this month, who knows.

11. The Dancing Master by Julie Klassen 
Julie Klassen is one of my favorite authors and it has been a while since I have read one of her books. I am also in the mood for some historical Christian fiction.

12. The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson
It's been almost a year since I read one of Melanie Dickerson's books, and I am intrigued by the idea that it is a mix of Swan Lake and Robin Hood.

13. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling 
I am busy reading through this series slowly, so far I have only read the first two, and I really want to find out what happens next to Harry and his friends.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment