Thursday, January 21, 2016

My First Owlcrate Unboxing

For Christmas my parents bought me a one-month subscription to Owlcrate, which I received on Wednesday. 
Owlcrate is a subscription box service that you can sign up for either a one-month, six-month, or one-year plan. Each month you will receive a box that contains a book and several other bookish items. Every month there is a different theme, so all the items in the box have to do with that particular theme. To find out more about Owlcrate go to: https://owlcrate.com/.


I received the January box and this month's theme was Magic, so everything has something to do with magic.

The first item in the box was a Harry Potter Pop! figure from Funko. I got Ron Weasley, but I know that there were other characters you could get too.

The next item was a Patronus lip balm (white chocolate mint flavor) from Geek Fire Labs. The next two items were from Evie Bookish who made a bookmark inspired the Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater (I don't know a whole lot about the series), and a beautiful print with a quote from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (which I have read and I will have a review up soon).


The next two items was a letter from the author of the book for January and a paper doll inspired by the book.
And finally, there is the Owlcrate book of the month for January and it is called Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley. The cover is so pretty and I am super excited to read this book soon. It is a fantasy retelling about the Bronte sisters and their brother Bramwell and together they create imaginary worlds that they are able to go to and I guess they end up in one of these worlds and trouble arises. I don't know anything else about this book but I will have a review up when I finish it.

I hope you have enjoyed my Owlcrate unboxing, even though it will be a long time until I do another one. It was nice to do something a little bit different for a change.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment