Friday, February 19, 2016

Book Review: Throne of Glass (The Throne of Glass Series #1)

Today's review is on Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.
I discovered this book while watching YouTube videos of other book lovers like myself, and all of them recommended this book. At first I was a bit skeptical about how I would really like it, but I read it and I really liked it. This book is YA fantasy, but it was pretty good.

It was an interesting concept, I don't think there are many books, especially in the YA genre, that also has an assassin as a main character and protagonist. I liked Celaena Sardothien, she is really cool, kick-butt, but yet she is still feminine. I loved how she was not whiny, she just did what she had to do. I am looking forward to find out more of her story as the rest of the series unfolds, especially since their is a small sliver of her past that is revealed near the end that has got me wondering who she is exactly.

I loved how there was a mystery that had to be solved in addition to the actual plot of the book. There were a few scary parts because there were monsters, but it was still good and it didn't give me nightmares.

Sarah J. Maas does a good job with the world-building and I appreciated how there was a map of the continent, Erilea, that the novel takes place in. She does a good job in describing some of the places without it being tedious. I also liked how she wrote from multiple points of view, sometimes from paragraph to paragraph and it didn't get confusing at all.

It took me longer to read this book than other , but it wasn't because I wasn't interested or that it got boring, I just got busy.

Will I read the rest of the series? Yes.

I am giving this book 4/5 Stars because it was really cool and I loved the world building and character development.

Happy Reading,
Janelle

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment