Monday, February 29, 2016

What I Read in February

February was an okay reading month for me, even though I've been in a little bit of slump for the past two weeks. Here are the books I read this month.

1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
I loved this book! It was so good, even though the first 100 pages were a little bit slow. The world was amazing and I enjoyed the character development. I will have a longer review up in the next couple of months. 4/5 Stars

2. A Spy's Devotion by Melanie Dickerson
This book was a satisfying read for every Jane Austen lover out there. I loved both the romance and the intrigue. The whole concept of the novel was great and there were so many twists and turns that I wasn't expecting, I can't wait to read the other books in this series. 4/5 Stars.

3. Lions in the Garden by Chelsea Luna

This was an okay read, the historical time period that it is set in is definitely interesting however there were a few things lacking. I will have a longer review up in a few weeks. 2.5-3/5 Stars

4. The Postmodern Condition by Jean-Francois Lyotard 

I had to read this for a class I am taking this semester on Postmodernism. This was  reread for me because I had to read it for another class last Spring. This time around I kind of understood it a little bit more than I did the first time around. 4/5 Stars.

5. A Girl's Guide to Moving On by Debbie Macomber
This was another ARC that I received from NetGalley and Ballantine books. I enjoy Debbie Macomber's books because they are generally very lighthearted quick reads and this was no different except there were a few things content-wise that I didn't like but it was still a cute read. 3/5 Stars.

I am hoping March will also be a good reading month, especially since I have Spring break coming up soon.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment