Thursday, March 31, 2016

What I Read in March

I can't believe it is already the end of March, but with that comes the list of what I read in this month. At the beginning of the month I went through a reading slump, it was only when Spring Break started that I started to read a lot. Here are the books I read this month:

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

It was hard for me to get into this one at first, but after the first 120 pages it started to get really good. I loved revisiting this world and finding out more about what happened to Harry's parents. 3/5 Stars because it was a slow start.

2. A Daring Sacrifice by Jody Hedlund 

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as An Uncertain Choice. It was pretty predictable. I will have a longer review up soon. 3.5/5 Stars.

3. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley

This was a lovely, nostalgic read and I flew through it. I can't believe I never read this when I was a child. 4/5 Stars.

4. Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley

This was an interesting read, although it took me a while to get into it. The author does a good job of describing not just the world of the Brontes but also their created worlds and it made me want to read more about them. 4/5 Stars.

5. None Like Him by Jen Wilkin

The title of this book alone intrigued me. I flew through it and loved it! It is about several attributes of God and how they only pertain to Him. Jen Wilkin is a great writer and it was saturated in Scripture and it was super convicting. I will have a longer review up soon. 5/5 Stars

6. Playing the Part by Jen Turano
I expected this book to be a fluffy romance, but I was wrong. This book was so interesting as it had romance and mystery. There were so many different plot twists that I was not expecting to happen at all, especially at the end! I will have a longer review up soon! 4/5 Stars.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment