Friday, May 27, 2016

Book Review: Trusting God

Today's review is on Trusting God by Jerry Bridges
Confession, I tried reading Trusting God in 2013 but I stopped about halfway through because I didn't like it. However, now that I am older and have experienced trials, I am able to appreciate and learn from this book a lot more. 

As the title suggests this book is about trusting God, however, it does not just address how we can do this, it addresses the why we can trust Him. It is about God's sovereignty in various situations and how we can trust God because of this. Bridges doesn't just deal with personal trials, he also addresses how we can trust God when a natural disaster happens or when the headlines get us down. 

I appreciated how the author backed up each of his points with Scripture, showing that it is biblical and not just something that he sucked out of his thumb. He also has a way of being convicting without being judgmental and he always points it back to Christ and the gospel. There are also a lot of good quotes in it. 

Even though a lot of this book was about things I should already know, i was great having someone show all the ways and reasons I can trust God. I believe every Christian should read this book, especially in this day and age when it seems like the world just keeps getting worse. 

I am giving this 5/5 Stars because it really impacted me and it was a great reminder of how in all things I can trust God. 

Happy Reading, 
Janelle L. C. 

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment