Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May 2016 TBR

I can't believe it is already May! The past four months seem to flyby. I also can't believer that at the end of this week I will be Senior in college, it's so crazy! It feels like it was just yesterday I was just starting college. In a week I will be back home in South Africa and I really excited for this summer. I'm really looking froward to being able to have time to read without worrying about assignments and other school work. Without further ado, here is my TBR for the month of May:

1. Sweet on You by Chautona Havig
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for my honest review, and I am already halfway through it and I am loving it!

2. The Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
I bought this book about 3 weeks ago because I need to know what happens after the first book. However, I am waiting until I am done with my finals to pick this up that way I can invest a lot of time into it without worrying about schoolwork.

3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
I finished Goblet of Fire about 3 weeks ago and I can't wait to read this next installment. I have been purposely waiting for the school year to end so that I can take time to read this without worrying about neglecting my studies.

4. The Two Towers by J.R.R.Tolkien
This book has appeared on my TBR list about 5 times already, however I am determined to finish it this month because I have been stuck at the halfway point since last July. I really need to finish this series because it is good and I just need to read it.

5. Small Town Brides Romance Collection by Various Authors
I received an ARC of this from the publisher, and I might be reading a lot more of these over the summer because I have several different collections. These tend to be cute, historical romances and sometimes it is nice to take a break from YA novels and Fantasy and just in enjoy a sweet romance.

6. Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar
This is another ARC I received, I don't know a whole lot about this book except it is Christian Historical Fiction and it is about the woman who touched the hem of Jesus's robe so that she could be healed from her bleeding, so it should be interesting.

7. Sins of the Past by Various Authors
Another ARC I received and it is another novella collection but it is Christian Romantic Suspense so that should be interesting. All three of the authors will be new to me and I am excited to discover something new.

8. Splintered by A.G. Howard
Splintered has appeared on my TBR list several times and I am about 80 pages through it. I want to finish it this month because I hate having books that are unfinished and I do want to know what happens, even though I am not particularly enjoying it. I need to at least give it another try.

9. The Blessings of Humility by Jerry Bridges
This is another ARC I received this month. This is by the same author of Trusting God. I am already halfway through this book as well, and I am really enjoying it. It is a quick read, but it is also convicting at the same time.
10. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
I've heard a lot of good things about this book, and it is a A Thousand and One Nights retelling. I am really excited to start reading this, especially since the second book came out today. I'm hoping that it will be good.

11. The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
This book has appeared on my TBR several times, and I have already read 2 out of the 5 novellas in this collection. I am hoping to actually finish it this month so that I can move onto Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) .

This is a pretty ambitious list and I don't know if I will get a chance to read all of these books, especially since there are a lot of other books I want to try reading this month.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment