Monday, May 23, 2016

What I am Currently Reading #1

(Note: This summer I want to experiment with several different posts to see how it goes and whether I enjoy doing them or not, just have a little bit more variety. One idea that I have gotten from several places is to do a currently reading update every once in a while, so I thought I would do that today.)

Unlike most people, I like reading several books at the same time, or rather being in the middle of several books at the same time (unfortunately it is physically impossible to actively  read several at the same time, which actually sounds kind of cool). So I thought I would share what I am currently reading and a few thoughts on them so far.

1. Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

I just started this a couple days ago and I am trying to read a chapter a day when I do my devotions. I really enjoyed rereading Lies Young Women Believe several times since 11th grade. But since I am now a senior in college, I thought it would be good to check this one out.

2. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

I actually put this aside about a week ago because it's kind of boring and not much is happening. It is such a disappointment and I feel like I wasted my money by buying it. I don't know if I will continue reading it, maybe I will since it's not bad, just nothing is really happening.

3. Sins of the Past by Various Authors

This is a romantic suspense novella collection by 3 well-known Christian writers. I've started the first novella but it isn't really my thing and I don't know if I will actually finish it.

4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

I am over halfway through this monster of a book and I am enjoying it.

5. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

I am reading this because 1) I saw the miniseries and I really wanted to read this, and 2) this could be the work I potentially use for my senior thesis project next year. So far I am enjoying it, even though I am making my way through it slowly.

6. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

I've been working on this bad boy for over a year, and I am determined to finish it this summer. I'm about halfway through, so maybe I will be able to read the remaining 700 pages this summer.

Upcoming Reads:
1. The Sea Keeper's Daughter by Lisa Wingate 

2. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I might try to do at least one of these a month just to share what I am reading.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L.C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment