Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Book Review: Silverglade - The Dream

Today's review is on Silverglade- The Dream by Richard Lewis Grant


This book was recommended to me by some family friends who know the author. I was interested in finding out what was about, especially since this series developed from the bedtime stories that he used to tell his kids.

It is the perfect book for Middle Grade readers and it is a great fantasy series to read if you have already read the Chronicles of Narnia and/or Lord of the Rings.

While I was reading this first installment I enjoyed the writing style because it read like a bedtime story, the whole time I was imagining a voice reading this to me before bed every night. It definitely bought back a lot of memories from my childhood when my parents used to read to me before bed, or even try ad tell their own bed time stories. I love books that are nostalgic like that.

It wasn't a very long book and it could easily be read in one sitting. There also isn't really any violence therefor making it appropriate for younger readers.

The whole book is basically the building of this fantasy world, there are a few events that happen but the majority is just descriptions of characters and groups.

I enjoyed the main characters, Nemo and Quasar and how they start off kind naive of the world around them but through the progression of the novel they both start to grow up. I can't really go into anymore details about what happens because it will give away too much of the book.

I am very interested to read the rest of this series in the near future and I will have more reviews up on these books when I do.

I am giving this book 4/5 Stars because I enjoyed the world building and the development of the main characters.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L.C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment