Saturday, June 4, 2016

Tome Topple Read-a-Thon TBR

I mentioned in my June TBR post that I will taking part in the Tome Topple Read-a-Thon hosted by Samantha at the YouTube channel Thoughts on Tomes, if you would like to know more about it click here to watch the announcement video. The read-a-thon starts at midnight on June 5th and goes until 11:59 PM on June 19th.

Basically the goal of this read-a-thon is to try and read at least one book that is over 500 pages long (a tome). However, instead of seeing how many books you can read in two weeks, this read-a-thon is about how many pages you can read in two weeks. There are also 5 challenges that participants can take part in as part of the Read-a-thon- but they are not required- and they are:

1. Read more than one tome (500+ pages)
2. Take a graphic novel break (doesn't need to be 500+ pages)
3. Read a tome that is part of a series
4. Read over 500 pages in one week
5. Read an adult novel

I might do a weekly update over the course of the read-a-thon. I will definitely have a wrap up at the end of the read-a-thon in which I will show which books I read, how many pages I read, and which challenges I was able to complete over the course of the read-a-thon.

Here are the books I will definitely be reading over the course of two weeks in order to fulfill the challenges. I also hope to read a couple other books, which I am not including in this list because I don't know if I will get to them.

1. Elegy by Amanda Hocking

This is the fourth book in the Watersong Quartet and since I will be reading Tidal (Book #3) it is only fitting that I finish this series. Elegy is over 500 pages long so it will help me complete challenge #1 and #3, as well as #4

2. Vampire Academy: A Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead 
I chose this to complete the graphic novel challenge because it was one of the only interesting graphic novels that my public library had. I also am a little bit interested in Vampire Academy, but I don't really want to read the books, so I figure reading the graphic novel will give me a better idea of what the series is like.

3. The House at Riverton by Kate Morton 
I've wanted to read this book for awhile now, even though I don't really know what it is about. I do know that it is almost 600 pages long, and it is a historical novel that has both mystery and a little bit of romance.

Those are all the books I plan on reading for Tome Topple, however there might be one or two other books that I read over the course of these two weeks because I still have to read Tidal (Watersong Quartet #3) before I can read Elegy.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.


No comments:

Post a Comment