Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tome Topple Wrap Up

I took part in the Tome Topple Read-a-thon that started on June 5th and lasted until June 19th. The goal of this read-a-thon was to read at least one tome (a book that is 500+). If you want to see my TBR for Tome Topple click here. Instead of listing all the books I read (which ended up being a lot) during Tome Topple, I am going to go through each challenge and say whether I completed them or not and which books I read to complete the the book challenges.

Challenge #1: Read more than one tome (500+ pages):
I did not complete this challenge because there were so many books I wanted to try and read, but I did start the second tome, The House at Riverton by Kate Morton, I will finish it eventually.

Challenge #2: Take a graphic novel break:
I read Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead to complete this challenge. It was the first graphic novel I have read, and I am interested in reading some more graphic novels in the future.

Challenge #3: Read a tome that is part of a series:
To complete this challenge I read Elegy by Amanda Hocking which is the last book in the Watersong Quartet - it was the only tome I completed.

Challenge #4: Read over 500 pages in a week:
I definitely completed this challenge. Here are the total amount of pages I read in each week and then overall.
Total pages read in Week 1: 1385 pages
Total pages read in Week 2: 2007 pages (umm...no comment)
Total pages read overall: 3392 pages

Challenge #5: Read one adult novel: 
I read two adult novels during Tome Topple, the first one was Delilah by Angela Hunt (click here to read my review).

The second adult novel I read was The Sea-Keeper's Daughters by Lisa Wingate.

Overall I ended up completing four out of the five challenges for Tome Topple and that makes me happy! :) I'm looking forward to taking part in more read-a-thons in the future because it was fun to take part in this one.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L.C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment