Friday, July 15, 2016

Book Review: One More Wish (Christy & Todd: The Married Years #3)

Today's review is on One More Wish by Robin Jones Gunn.

I have been a fan of the Christy Miller series for about 6 years now. It's probably because in the original series there were several things that Christy went through that made her relatable. I have read through all three series that Robin Jones Gunn has written so far about Christy and Todd. I finally got a chance to read this latest installment (even though it has been out for over a year now) on my first flight home. I enjoyed reading about these familiar characters again, however there were a couple of things that I did not like about this installment.

Firstly, the synopsis is kind of misleading, I can't go into too much detail because it will basically spoil the whole book, but it ended very differently from how I expected it to. I also felt like a lot of what happened in this book has happened in the other two books in this series. There were also several phrases that were constantly repeated throughout the book and there was no need for that. 

Despite those few things, I did enjoy reading this book. I especially enjoyed how it shows that both Todd and Christy are still growing as individual and in their marriage. The author also isn't afraid to show the ups and downs of marriage, which I feel like some Christian authors seem to avoid. And there were several inspiring quotes that were mentioned within the novel, however I forgot to highlight them so I can't remember what they are, however I do remember that I found them encouraging.

I flew through this book on my first flight back home, it probably took me about three hours to read, probably even less than that, I just could not put it down. I can't wait for the sequel series to come out, although I feel like it could just be a part of this series. But I can't wait to see what adventures await these beloved characters.

I am giving this book 3/5 Stars because even though I flew through it and there was a lot of nostalgia, there were still things I didn't like and the plot fell flat in several places.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment