Monday, July 18, 2016

High Summer Read-a-thon TBR

I am taking part in the High Summer Read-a-thon this week because it is fun and I really enjoyed the Tome Topple Read-a-thon that I took part in last month. The High Summer Read-a-thon is hosted by Seasons of Reading at it takes place from July 18th - July 24th. If you would like to know more about this read-a-thon go to:

The nice thing about this read-a-thon is that there are no reading requirements, just read as much as you like during the week. I don't know how many books I will be able to read because I will be working this week, but I am planning on reading at least 3 books this week. Here are the books I plan on reading:

 Stars Above by Marissa Meyer

I have already started this book and I am enjoying it so far. I hope to finish it soon because I want to, although I kind of just want to savor it because I love these characters.

12 Brides of Summer Collection by Various Authors

I have  read 3 of the stories in this collection and I also want to finish this because these stories are cute and short and perfect for summer.

An Elegant Facade by Kristi Ann Hunter

I have to read this for review, but I am excited to start this book because it is set during the Regency era, which is one of my favorite time periods to read about.

 Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar

This is a biblical fiction novel about the woman with the issue of blood that is healed when she touches the hem of Jesus's garment. I am looking forward to reading this, especially since I have not read anything by Tessa Afshar yet.

A Beauty Refined by Tracie Peterson

This is another book I have to read for review and I am excited because it has been several years since I have read any of Tracie Peterson's books. It is a historical novel set in Montana (I think) and it looks like it will be interesting.

These are all the books I plan on reading, it might be a little bit ambitious considering I  started work today.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to High Summer, Janelle! Thanks for joining us. Good luck with your reading goals this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete