Monday, November 21, 2016

Library Haul #2

It's been a while since I've done a library haul, mainly due to the fact that I was in a reading slump and this semester has been pretty busy. But I am out of the slump and I am on Thanksgiving break for a week, so I have some more time to read! I went to the library on Friday and got a few books, here they are: 
1. As Old As Time by Liz Braswell
I don't know a whole lot about this book except it is a Beauty and the Beast retelling with a twist: What if Belle's mother put the curse on the Beast? It sounds really interesting and I love Beauty and the Beast so I am looking forward to picking this up soon.

2. Rogue Wave by Jennifer Donnelly 
This is the second book in the Waterfire Saga, I read Deep Blue back in June and I looking forward to picking up this next installment. I am currently reading it and it picks up right where book one left off.

3. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
Again, I don't know a whole lot about this book except that it is a fantasy novel that takes place in the desert and there is magic and maybe magical creatures (?). I am also looking forward to picking this one up soon as well.

4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern 
I've been hearing a lot about The Night Circus on YouTube. I know it is about a circus that appears at night and a competition between a male character and a female character. The description makes it sound a little bit like The Prestige. I don't know anything more than it sounds interesting and I can't wait to start this one as well.

5. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee 
I've also heard a lot about this book on YouTube, although I don't know a whole lot about it except that it takes place in New York 102 years in the future and there is this thousand-story building that holds a prominent place in New York and it tells the story of several of the characters living in the building. It sounds intriguing and like it might be a good read.

6. Dark Tide by Jennifer Donnelly 
This is the third book in the Waterfire Saga and I don't know anything else except that it takes place after Rogue Wave. I haven't read he description because I don't want to be spoiled for the rest of Rogue Wave. The covers for this series are gorgeous though!!

I hope you've all enjoyed this library haul and I look forward to doing more in the future! 

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment