Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Bookmas Day 11: Top 11 Most Anticipated Releases of 2017

Today is Bookmas Day 11, although this post is several days late.  I've enjoyed doing these blog posts because it made me reflect on the books I have read this year and the books I am looking forward to reading next year. Today's topic is my Top 11 Most anticipated releases of 2017.

1. Book 3 in Illuminae Files
I am busy reading the second book, Gemina, right now and I know it is going to be a long wait until this comes out sometime next Fall. So far it doesn't have a title or cover. It will be exciting to find out what this one will be called and what the cover looks like!

2. Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer

I love the Lunar Chronicles and I can't wait to read this Graphic novel duology set just after the end of Winter! This comes out on January 30th/31st.

3. Because You Love To Hate Me edited by Ameriie

This just sounds really interesting and I have been watching the development of this anthology since it was announced this last summer. It comes out sometime in Summer 2017

4. Maud by Melanie J. Fishbane

I am looking forward to starting this one soon, especially since it is written about one of my favorite childhood authors, L. M. Montgomery. Maud comes out in May 16th

5. King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

I still have mixed feelings about the Red Queen series because Glass Sword wasn't that great. However, I am looking forward to seeing how the author continues the series, I just hope it doesn't end up being a dud like Glass Sword. This is installment comes out on February 7th.

6. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
I know there has been some controversy surrounding this book in regards to the issue of diversity, however I do want to read it because it is supposed be similar to Star Wars and I am hoping it can tide me over until The Illuminae Files #3 comes out. Carve The Mark comes out on January 17th.

7. Such a Tease by Chautona Havig 

This is the second book in the Meddlin' Madeline series and I can't wait to see what happens next to this fun, quirky character, especially since she now has an enemy that wants to try and take her down. This book comes out on March 21st!

8. A Viscount's Proposal by Melanie Dickerson

This is the second book in the Spies of the Regency series and I can't wait to see what new mystery unfolds in this novel, especially since the main characters are forced to marry each other for propriety's sake. A Viscount's Proposal comes out on February 7th.

9. The Continent by Kiera Drake

The Continent sounds like an interesting concept. It is about this icy land that has two warring nations and people want to go to the Continent in order to experience this "uncivilized" land. The main character ends up stranded on the Continent and finds out that everything that she thought she knew about it is not true. This comes out on January 3rd.

10. The Ladies of Ivy Cottage by Julie Klassen
I am so excited for the sequel in the Tales of Ivy Hill series, even though I still need to read the first book, The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill. It sounds like the two main characters from the first book are going to be in this book as well as two more characters (?). It sounds really good, and I am excited for this whole series because Julie Klassen is a fantastic writer. It is expected to come out sometime in December 2017.

11. Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken

This is the second book in the Passenger duology. I am interested to see how the story continues after Passenger, although I didn't really enjoy it. However since the first book ended on a cliffhanger, I want to see what happens. Wayfarer comes out on January 3rd.

Reading Update: 
Technically the read-a-thon is over, but it feels weird to not write a reading update. Right now I am about halfway through Gemina and I am several chapters into Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes.

I have decided to save Bookmas Day 12 for December 31st because I feel like I could read another book or so and end up loving those and since the topic is a countdown of the Top 12 books I read this year I think I want to wait until the end of the year to post this list. I am also debating on whether or not to do a post on my disappointing reads of 2016. I am also going to do a Bookish Resolutions post on January 2nd. So stay tuned because there are going to be some exciting posts coming soon!

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment