Thursday, December 15, 2016

Bookmas Day 3: Top 3 YA Adaptations Coming Out in 2017

Today's post is about the three YA adaptations that are coming out next year that I am looking forward to - these can be either movies or TV series. Here are the adaptations that I am looking forward to the most:

1. Ashes in the Snow

This movie is an adaptation of Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys. I am excited to see what they do with this book because it is really good and it deals with a part of history that most people don't known about. It  doesn't have a release date yet but IMDB says that it is sometime in 2017.

2. Divergent: Ascendant

This is final movie in the Divergent series, I don't know how I feel about the last book being split in two, I feel like it easily could have just been one movie. I also didn't like what they did with Allegiant, but I only want to watch it because I've already watched the first three movies and I want to see how they wrap the series up. This last installment is due to come out on June 9th, 2017 on TV, although other sources have said that the release date has been postponed.

3. A Series of Unfortunate Events!

I am super excited about this series, even though I almost forgot about it. I haven't read the whole series yet, but I watched the 2004 movie with Jim Carrey as Count Olaf. I am excited to watch this series it looks so good and it is coming out next month on January 13th on Netflix.

Reading Update: 
I didn't get a whole lot of reading done yesterday because I had work and I was studying for the final that I took today - I think I only read 40 pages of Heartless, maybe less. Anyway, now that I am done with finals I am hoping to get some more reading done!

Check back here tomorrow for Bookmas Day 4! I will also be posting a library haul later today.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment