Friday, December 16, 2016

Bookmas Day 4: Top 4 Underrated books from 2016

Today's Bookmas topic is supposed to be the Top 4 underrated books from 2016 that I have read (or want to read, I think). I decided that the books on this list are going to be books that either I haven't heard too many people talk about, or they have had just average ratings that I disagree with.

1. Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
I chose this book because not many people have read it and I really enjoyed it. I know that one of the big draw backs for some people is that it is a dystopian novel, however I haven't read a whole lot of dystopian novels so therefore that doesn't bug me as much. I just really enjoyed the world and the characters and I loved the allusions to The Scarlet Letter.

2. The Diabolic by S. J. Kincaid
This is another book that I haven't heard many people talk about but I really loved it. I think if you liked Illuminae, you will like this book even though it isn't the same. I just loved the world-building and that it was set in space and there were so many twists that happened throughout that I was not expecting.

3. Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
Confession, I haven't read this book yet, but I plan to pick it up very soon! I chose this book as an underrated book because I haven't heard a whole lot about it but it sounds so good, especially since it has some elements of Pride and Prejudice in it and I've also heard that it is told in the second person.

4. Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
I loved this book. If you are looking for good mermaid book pick Deep Blue up. It was really good and the world-building is fantastic there is a lot that the author manages to pack into the book and I just loved it and the other books in the series. I still have to read the last book in the series, which hopefully I will get to do soon.

Those were my Top 4 Underrated books from 2016 - except for Deep Blue which came out in 2013.

Reading Update: 
I didn't get as much reading done yesterday as I had hoped, but it also ended up being a lot busier than I thought it would be. I am hoping that I will be able to get some more done today. I have read about 200 pages of Heartless and I am loving it so far! The only hard thing about reading this book is that I already know how it will end, although it will be cool to see how the Queen of Hearts becomes the villain that she is in Alice in Wonderland.

Check back here tomorrow for Bookmas Day 5!

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment