Sunday, December 18, 2016

Bookmas Day 6: 6 Books I Wish I Had Read in 2016

Today is Bookmas Day 6 and the topic for today's post is 6 books I wish I had read this year. Here we go:
1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

I have read Throne of Glass, but for some reason I keep putting off picking this book up. I think it is because I still need to finish the Assassin's Blade, I think once I finish it I will definitely try to pick this one up.

2. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

I have been intrigued with this book ever since I heard about it last year, however I still haven't picked it up - there are just so many books that I want to read and so little time to do so.

3. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

I only really became interested in Snow Like Ashes over the summer, however I have been putting off reading this book. I can't wait to pick it up next year sometime (??) because it sounds really interesting, especially since the kingdoms are centered around the four seasons.

4. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley

I haven't read Magonia yet because I heard that it twists with your mind and I wanted to make sure I had the time to get sucked into a book like this. I am definitely planning on picking it up in 2017 sometime.

5. A Noble Masquerade by Kristi Ann Hunter

I read the second book in the series, An Elegant Facade, and I was very confused because a lot of what happens in about the first half of the book centers around the events that took place in the last few chapters of this first book. I will eventually read it because I do want to read this book and meet the characters.

6. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh 
I am still catching up on all the YA books that I have missed in the past several years because I only got into reading YA in May 2015. This book has been on my TBR list for a while and I will eventually get to it because it sounds very interesting and I have heard nothing but good things.

I know that there a lot of other books that I wanted to read this year but I ran out of time. :( Maybe I will get a chance to read these books next year!

Reading Update: 
I finished reading Heartless yesterday - as I had planned to. I immediately picked up A Baxter Family Christmas and managed to read the whole thing by midnight last night. I then picked up Dashing Through The Snow by Debbie Macomber and read about 20 pages before going to bed. Today I think will be able to finish it and I'm still trying to decide which book to pick up next, I am torn between Alice in Wonderland, Stealing Snow, or Ivory and Bone.

Thanks for reading and check back here tomorrow for the 7th day of Bookmas!

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment