Monday, December 19, 2016

Bookmas Day 7: Top 7 series finales and sequels of 2016

Today is Bookmas Day 7 and the topic is the top 7 series finales/sequels that came out this year that I either enjoyed or I am looking forward to picking up soon!

1. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

I have yet to read this second installment in the Illuminae Files but I know I want to do so soon! After I finished Illuminae at the end of last year I could not wait to for Gemina to come out, I really hope it is as good as Illuminae because I loved it so much.

2. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer

Even though this was a short story collection set in the Lunar Chronicles universe it had some prequel stories about the characters and an epilogue to the entire series so this definitely counts! It was great to read some of the back stories about some of the beloved characters in this series, as well as finding out what happened to the characters a year after the end of Winter.

3. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

Another book I haven't read yet, but I am also planning on reading this in January sometime - I will read it! Again, I am excited to find out what happens next in this world and what happens to Feyre. And I am interested to see the Hades and Persephone elements in this book.

4. An Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

I still need to read books 2, 3, and 4 in this series but I am excited to picking this up eventually because I loved the first book and I want to find out what happens, even though I am really behind in this series.

5. Sea Spell by Jennifer Donnelley 

I can't wait to read the conclusion of the fantastic Waterfire Saga series, although I will be sad to leave this world behind. I am hoping to pick this one up in January as well.

6. Sandy Toes by Robin Jones Gunn

Even though this is the first book in a series, it is a sequel to the previous series, Christy and Todd: The Married Years so it counts! I really enjoyed this book and the exciting things that happen to this beloved fictional character. I am looking forward to finding out what happens next during their adventures in parenthood!

7. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard 

I loved Red Queen and I was really excited for Glass Sword, however I was kind of let down by it because nothing really happened for most of the book and like most reviewers have said, it read like the author was trying to hard to make it quotable. However, the end of the book was fantastic and I can't wait to read King's Cage next year.

Reading Update: 
I managed to finish Dashing Through the Snow yesterday and I also started Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - I wanted to read this after Heartless because it will be interesting to see the different elements that Marissa Meyer played with in her prequel novel. When I finish it I am hoping to start Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige.

I am going away with my family for a few days and I am not going to take my computer with me, so I will not be posting anymore Bookmas posts until I get back on Thursday, but I will post both tomorrow and Wednesday's posts then.

Thanks for reading and check back here on Thursday for Bookmas Day 8!

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment