Friday, December 23, 2016

Bookmas Day 8: Top 8 Books I want to Read in 2017

Today's post is on the Top 8 books that I want to read in 2017 - these can either be new releases or books that have already been released. Here are the books that I want to read next year:

1. Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer
I am a huge fan of the Lunar Chronicles and this is the first of two volume graphic novel following Iko the Android. It just sounds interesting, especially since Iko is one of the best side characters in the series and we get to see things from her perspective, and we also get to see illustrations of the main characters from the series!  It is coming out next month.

2. Maud by Melanie J. Fishbane
I received and ARC of this book from Netgalley and it sounds really interesting, it is a fictional story about L.M, Montgomery, the author of Anne of Green Gables. I am really excited to read this because I loved reading the Anne series as a kid and it will just be interesting. This is also coming out sometime next year.

3. Because You Love to Hate Me edited by Ameriie
This is an anthology of short stories about various villains and there are some big YA authors that are going to be included in this collection and they are pairing up with 13 BookTubers and it should be interesting and it comes out in July.

4. The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck
The Writing Desk just sounds interesting, I think it is one of those books that switch between the past and the present in parallel stories and I love it! This is also coming out sometime next year.

5. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

I have been meaning to pick this up for 5 months now, but I am going to try and read it in January for the Winter Biannual Bibliothon. It is a Wizard of Oz retelling and Dorothy is evil and it just sounds really interesting.

6. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
This is another book I have been meaning to read for a while now but I think I've kind of been waiting for the hype surrounding it to die down a little bit. I am also planning on picking this up during the Winter Biannual Bibliohton. I am excited to continue this series because A Court of Thorns and Roses was good.

7. Perfect by Cecelia Ahern
I loved Flawed and I can't wait to find out what happens next especially since the first book ended kind of on a cliff hanger and I have no idea how it is going to end.

8. Ante Up! by Chautona Havig
This was another book that I meant to read this year but didn't get a chance to, but I want to pick it up early next year. This is the fourth book in the Aggie's Inheritance series and it shows Aggie and Luke several years into their marriage and a child of their own and she finds out she is pregnant again and her nieces and nephews all prove to be challenging in their own way.

Those are all the books I definitely want to read next year, there are others but these are the main ones. I will be posting Bookmas Day 9 later today, and probably Day 10 as well. I will have my reading update in one of those posts.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment