Thursday, December 15, 2016

Library Haul #3

Now that I am on Christmas break for three and a half weeks I decided to go check some books out from my local library that I hope to read. I don't know if I will get to all of these, but I am looking forward to reading each of them.

1. A Baxter Family Christmas by Karen Kingsbury 
I looking forward to catching up with one of my favorite fictional families. It also looks like it will a cute, Christmas-y read. I will be picking this one up as soon as I am finished reading Heartless.

2. Dashing Through The Snow by Debbie Macomber 
I decided to get another Christmas-y read and Debbie Macomber is one of my favorite Chick-Lit authors. This is about two people who meet and due to some unfortunate circumstances they end up sharing a rental car and they get to know each. It sounds really cute and just something great to read around this time of year.

3. Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
I haven't read any of the Dorothy Must Die books but I am intrigued about the concept of this book. It is supposed to be a Snow Queen retelling where the main character is in an insane asylum. This should be an interesting read.
4. Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh 
This is the second time I have checked out this book and I am determined to read it this time. I'm looking forward to reading a book that is set in the Stone Age and has allusions to Pride and Prejudice.
5. The Secret Diary of Lydia Bennet by Natasha Farrant 
I hadn't heard of this book until I found it on the new releases shelf at the library. I was immediately interested because even though Lydia Bennet is probably one of the most annoying characters, except for Mr. Collins, I think it might be interesting to read the events of Pride and Prejudice from her point of view.

6. Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco 
I still don't know how I feel about this book, although it does sound interesting. It is a fictional account of the Jack the Ripper and the main character is a woman who wants to study forensics and ends up having to figure out who Jack the Ripper is. I also picked up this book because it is the group read for the Winter Biannual Bibliothon that is taking place from January 9th-14th.

These are all the books I checked out from the library, hopefully I'll be able to read all of them over the break, if not I will probably renew some of them too.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. If you have any book recommendations let me know and I will check them out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment