Monday, January 9, 2017

Library Haul #4

I went to the library last week and checked out a few books. I might be crazy and I have no idea if I will have a chance to read all of these, but here are the books that I checked out:

1. Sea Spell by Jennifer Donnelly
I finally got my hands on a copy of the final installment of the Waterfire Saga. I am excited to find out what happens next, but I am also sad to see these characters go. When I finish it I will be doing a series of reviews on each of these books.

2. The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket 

This is the second book in A Series of Unfortunate Events. I think I have read it before, but it has been a long time. Since I am planning on reading the whole series this year I decided to pick this up so I can read it as soon as I finish the first book.

3. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen 

I decided to pick this book up because I wanted to read another Sarah Dessen book. It sounded really interesting because it is about a girl who lives under her brother's shadow but when he is arrested she is forced to become her own person. She also meets another family that she wishes to belong too. I've heard that the writing is beautiful and it is somewhat psychological so I am looking forward to giving it a try.

4. Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck 

I've had my eye on this book for a while because it deals with Indian mythology. It is set during the summer and the main character ends up in India and has to break a 300-year-old curse and her companion is a white tiger. It just sounds great and I am looking forward to picking it up soon!

5. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

I have been wanting to read another one of Jennifer E. Smith's books every since I read This Is What Happy Looks Like last summer. Her books just seem to be cute, contemporary romances and something to read if you want something light and fluffy.

I am looking forward to giving each of these a try and I am looking forward to more trips to the library this year.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. Please feel free to like The Scribbler Facebook page, follow me on Twitter (@Jlc0904Janelle) and/or Instagram (jazzyjan101). 

No comments:

Post a Comment