Friday, January 6, 2017

Winter 2017 Biannual Bibliothon TBR

Last year I took part in a couple of read-a-thons and I really want try and take part in some more of them this year, so when the dates for the Winter 2017 Biannual Bibliothon I knew that this had to be the first read-a-thon that I take part in. The Bibliothon will be taking place from January 8th-14th.

1. Read the group read: Stalking Jack the Ripper
2. Read a 2016 new release
3. Read a book a BookTuber recommends
4. Read a book you were excited for but never picked up
5. Read a retelling
6. Read a diverse book
7. Throwback challenge from previous bibliothons - I decided to pick the Wildcard/ free book challenge from the Summer 2016 Biannual Bibliothon

1. Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco 
This is the group read for the Biannual Bibliothon and it sounds really interesting. It will also fulfill challenge #1.

2. Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh 

I'm already about 150 pages into this book, but I have put it aside to read a couple of other books. This will fulfill challenges 2 and 5.

3. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige 

I am using this to fulfill challenges 3 & 4. This was recommended by Hailey over at Hailey in Bookland in her Fairy tale retellings recommendations video.

4. The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon

This will fulfill challenge number 6 because the lead character is a person of color as well as written by a person of color. And I've also just heard really good things about this book from friends that have already read it.

5. Never Forget by Jody Hedlund

This will be my wildcard book because I need to finish it before January 13th. I have already started it and plan on it being the first book I finish for the Bibliothon. 

These are the five books that I plan on reading for the Bibliothon, however I don't know if I will get through all of these.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. Please feel free to like The Scribbler Facebook page, follow me on Twitter (@Jlc0904Janelle) and/or Instagram (jazzyjan101).


No comments:

Post a Comment