Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

Library Haul #6

So I accidentally deleted half of the Library Haul #5 post, even though it had already been posted... so instead I decided to make this Library Haul #6 which includes the books that I renewed that were in my last haul and three new books that I got the other day. Here are the books that I got:



1. First & Then by Emma Mills
I've heard about this book several times on BookTube and the cover was really pretty and I was in the mood to pick up some more contemporary novels. First & Then is about a girl named Devon who is content to cheer on the football team from the bleachers and has a crush on her best friend. However her life is soon turned upside down when her cousin, Foster and the star running-back Ezra are in her P.E. class and soon they start ending up being apart of more aspects of her life. It sounds really interesting, especially since it sounds like it has a Pride and Prejudice kind of romance in it.

2. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Just Listen is about Annabel who is a model, but then she has a falling out with her best friend, Sophie, and some horrible rumors are spread about her. She then becomes friends with Owen who is obsessed with music and he is a former bad-boy. He isn't afraid to tell her the truth when she needs to hear it and he wants to help her face the facts about what ended her friendship with Sophie.

3. The Mermaid's Mirror by L. K. Madigan 
I had never heard of this book before, but I was looking for another book and this title just jumped out at me as I was scanning the shelves. Since one of the challenges for Around the Year in 52 books is to pick a random book, I think this definitely counts as random. But after I checked it out and read the summary, it also sounds very interesting. Lena wants to learn how to surf but her father doesn't want her to because he almost drowned several years before the novel. However, something draws Lena to the water and one day she see a woman with a tail. Lena does whatever she can to try and catch a glimpse of the mermaid again, even if it means putting her own life in danger. She also sees something in "the mermaid's mirror" that will change her life forever.

4. The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket
This is the 3rd book in A Series of Unfortunate Events. I have already read it and enjoyed it. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series!

5. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill 
Ever the Hunted is fantasy YA novel about a girl named Britta whose father was killed and she is forced to live in the Ever Woods. She starts poaching and is caught and in order to gain her freedom she must find her father's killer. It sounds interesting, I don't know a whole lot about it because I don't want to be spoiled, but I do know that it has gotten god ratings on GoodReads.

6. Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken
Wayfarer is the sequel to Passenger (which I read last year). It picks up where Passenger ends and it is also wraps things up in the duology. Again, I don't know a whole lot because I want to go into it without knowing too much, and I also don't want to spoil Passenger for those who still want to read it. I plan on doing a review on Wayfarer when I finish reading it.

Those are all the books I checked out of the library this month and I am looking forward to reading each of these.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter (@Jlc0904Janelle) and Instagram (jazzyjan101). And don't forget to like The Scribbler Facebook page! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment