Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Library Haul #7

I went to the library last week and I went a little crazy, here are the books I got: 

1. The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee
This is a magical realism novel about a girl called Mimosa who is aromateur - she has the ability to make love potions. However, one day she gives a potion to the wrong woman and she has to try and correct her mistake. It sounded really cute and the cover is absolutely gorgeous!

2. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
I have been wanting to read this book ever since I heard that it was in last September's Owlcrate box. It is about a society that has a matriarchy and every generation a set of triplet princesses are born. Each princess is proficient in a different power that represents a section of the island on which they live. When they come of age they have to fight to death to see who will be the next Queen. It sounds interesting especially since I have heard there is a lot of political intrigue in this novel.

3. Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
This sounds really good, and it looks like it might fill the void I have after finishing Gemina a few months ago. It is about a princess whose family was killed and she finally has the opportunity to get revenge on those who did so. However, a lot of stuff goes down an she ends up being in the center of a war amongst other planets in this galaxy. This is a simplified version of the plot, I might have missed a few things because it sounds really complicated.

4. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
I don't know a whole lot about this book except it has been one that I have wanted to read for a while because the main character suffers from insomnia, and I guess that is how she meets her love interest (?), I don't want to know too much going into the book

5. Vicious by V. E. Schwab
Vicious is about two men who were college roommates an worked on a project their senior year to do with special abilities but something went wrong. The book picks up ten years later where one of the characters, Victor, breaks out of prison and seeks revenge on Eli, who has made it his mission to get rid of super powers. It sounds really interesting and I think it will be a great introduction to V.E. Schwab

6. Ronit and Jamil by Pamela L. Laskin
This is a Romeo and Juliet retelling set against the backdrop of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It is also told in verse, so that is really interesting plus it seems like it will be a quick read.

7. The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket
This is the fourth book in the Series of Unfortunate Events and in this installment the Baudelaire orphans are sent to live at a lumber mill while being on the alert for the odious Count Olaf.

8. The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket
This is the fifth installment in the Series of Unfortunate Events and the Baudelaire children are sent to a boarding school.

9. The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket
This is book six in A Series of Unfortunate Events and I'm guessing the Baudelaire children are sent to live in an elevator, or it is somehow has something to do with where they live.

I have already read four of these books and I am looking forward to reading the others soon!

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. Don't forget to like The Scribbler Facebook page and to follow me on Instagram (@jazzyjan101)

No comments:

Post a Comment