Monday, May 1, 2017

May TBR

So it's been a while since I have done a TBR post and that is mainly because for a while I would get upset if I didn't read any of the books on my TBR, or I felt like a failure if I only managed to read one or two of them. However, I think I want to try to do TBRs again because I think it will be fun and instead of posting all the books I am thinking of getting to this month, I am just going to list the top five that I know for sure I am going to read.

1. For Love and Honor  by Jody Hedlund
This is the third book in Jody Hedlund's YA series, An Uncertain Choice. It follows the last of the three nights that followed the Duke of Riverdale, Sir Benet and his family and the possibility of an arranged marriage in order to save his family's home. Lady Sabine has a skin disfigurement on her hands which if discovered could see her being accused as a witch. These two characters cross paths and I can't wait to find out what happens. I am also apart of a blog tour for Celebrate Lit! and my post will be up on Saturday, May 6th.

2.A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
This is the sequel to a Court of Thorns and Roses and I guess it picks up a few days or months after the events of the first book. I don't know a whole lot more than that except that a lot of people love it and I've been meaning to read it for about a year now. Now is probably a good time to pick it up since the third book, A Court of Wings and Ruin was just released.

3. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
This is another book that has received a lot of hype (and some hate) recently and it just sounds really interesting and I was finally able to borrow a copy from the library so I am looking forward to picking this up in the next week or so. It is about a girl and her sister who attend Caraval, which they have longed to go to, and the main character's sister gets kidnapped. However, even though Caraval is just a game, she finds out that it there is something more sinister about it.

4. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
I am taking part in Month of Matson which takes place this month. It is hosted by BookTuber Maureen Keavy, and the whole purpose of it is to read at least one of Morgan Matson's books. I have decided to read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour because it sounds really cute and it is about a road trip and I really want to read a road trip book. I might also read one or two more Morgon Matson books, but I am definitely planning on getting to this one in May.

5. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas.
Crown of Midnight is the second book in the Throne of Glass series and I have been meaning to read it for almost two years now but I have kept putting it off. I am planning on reading it this month because I really want to read the third and fourth books in the series and eventually read Empire of Storms. I just want to get caught up with this series and I can't wait to pick it up!


Those are all the books I am planning on reading in May! I am also trying to decide if I want to take part in the A to Z Read-a-thon which is taking place this month. If I do, I will probably have a separate post up next week describing the read-a-thon and which books I want to read to complete the read-a-thon.

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. Don't forget to subscribe to the blog and follow me on Twitter (@Jlc0904Janelle), Instagram (@jazzyjan101), and to like The Scribbler Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment