Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

Try a Chapter Tag

A few days ago I was having a hard time deciding which book to read next, there were so many that seemed to be screaming "READ ME!," so I decided to do the Try a Chapter Tag that I have seen several BookTubers do. It was created by BookParadise and you can click here to watch her original video.  How this tag works is that you read the first chapter of five books, and it is supposed to help you pick the next book that you read - it doesn't always work, but it worked for me last Saturday! Here are the books that I tried a chapter from:

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Technically I read two chapters of this book before I decided to try other books. I liked what I had read but I wasn't sure if I was in the mood to read a contemporary, especially since I had been trying to read The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon but just wasn't getting into it.

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

This first chapter was only two pages!! But it was intriguing and I am looking forward to continuing the series, I just wasn't sure if it was a good time to pick it up because the first book took me a while to get into.

The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket

It was a good start to the tenth installment in A Series of Unfortunate Events, but I also feel like I need a break from this series for a few weeks otherwise I am not going to enjoy the last four books.

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

It was interesting and I might pick it up. It seems like it might be a cute read, but Along for the Ride seems to be sticking out a lot more than the other books I have read a chapter from so far.

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

Again, it was another intriguing start but I don't know if I am in the mood for a fantasy book right now, although I do want to start it soon.

After thinking about for a few minutes I decided to continue with Along for the Ride because it was the one book that I wanted to keep reading while I did this challenge. I have already finished it and I loved it!

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. Don't forget to subscribe to the blog and follow me on Twitter (@Jlc0904Janelle), Instagram (@jazzyjan101), and to like The Scribbler Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment