Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Gryffindor Book Recommendations

Hello everyone,

Welcome to this week's installment of Top 5 Wednesday. This week's topic is Book Recommendations based on your Hogwarts house. My Hogwarts house is Gryffindor which is known for its traits of bravery, courage, chivalry, daring and boldness. The books that I have chosen for this list have characters or plots that represent one or more of these traits. Here are my Gryffindor recommendations:

1. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 
Okay, so I just finished this book yesterday but I definitely feel that the characters in this book represent most of the traits of Gryffindor, especially Feyre and Rhysand with all the stuff that they have gone through before this installment in the series. Both of these characters are daring, brave, bold and also courageous in the decisions that the each have to make throughout this book. I can't say anything else without getting spoiler-y, but just trust me on this being a good recommendation for Gryffindor.

2. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson 
This is a good representation of Gryffindor, even though it is a contemporary,because both characters have to brave through issues in their past while they go on a road trip together. Plus both of them are courageous because they deviate from the plan of their trip to go on an adventure, which is also daring and bold.

3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas 
Even though this book could probably be a recommendation for any Hogwarts house, it is still a good recommendations for Gryffindor because Caelena is bold and daring, she also has to have bravery and courage to the things that she has to do. The other characters in this book also have these traits.

4. The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Both of the books that are out right now in this series have plots that are daring and bold, as well as characters that have almost all the traits of Gryffindor. I can't wait for book 3 to come out next March!

5. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill 
This book was a nice surprise in that I enjoyed it more than I was expecting to because it had a lot of tropes in it. However, I did love it and Britta was a great character and she definitely has bravery and courage and is daring throughout the whole novel.

Honorable mention: The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. 
I didn't include this in my list because I feel like it comes up in a lot of my Top 5 Wednesday and recommendations list, but this whole series is definitely represents all the traits of Gryffindor!

And that is it for this installment of Top 5 Wednesday!

Happy Reading,
Janelle L. C.

P.S. Don't forget to subscribe to the blog and follow me on Twitter (@Jlc0904Janelle), Instagram (@jazzyjan101), and to like The Scribbler Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment